Sunday, November 13, 2011

Celebrity Constellation Production Team “Celebrate the World”. October 27, 2011.


On board Celebrity Constellation.  Celebrity Theater: Seat Balcony Left.

We are on a cruise of the Mediterranean with a group from church.  Many wanted to see this show and asked us to come along.  We are not fans of these variety-type shows, but decided at the last minute to go.  Anne slept through most of the one-hour show.

The show basically comprised of songs and dance from various countries, including Thailand, China, Ireland, France, and Russia.  I think they were all performed by a troupe of 15 or so artists, so one amazing thing is how quickly they could change their costumes.

Several pieces that I enjoyed were: Don’t Cry for me Argentina from the Musical, Acrobats from China, and the Irish “tap dance” where people made noise with their shoes without moving (much) their upper bodies.  Someone also sang “Nessum Dorma” but not quite up to operatic standards, as part of the Italy segment.

When the Cruise Director came out to greet the group, we thought it was a good time to leave.

One may ask, legitimately, whether shows of this kind are worth blogging about.  I decided to at least jot down my thoughts so I can recall how I feel about it, in case I wonder sometime in the future.

No comments: