Saturday, November 21, 2020

92Y Online Concert - The Emerson String Quartet and Yefim Bronfman, piano. Viewed November 19, 2020.

Live Broadcast on November 19, 2020.  Part of the 10-concert subscription series.

Program
Schumann, Movements 2 & 3 from String Quartet in A Major, Op. 41, No. 3 (1842).
Brahms, Piano Quintet in F Minor, Op. 34 (1864).

Even during these COVID times when I seldom go anywhere, I still had trouble catching too many of these 92Y concerts live.  Go figure.  In any case, I caught up with this later in the evening, thus both "viewed" and "live" dates are November 19.

Another enjoyable concert.  Only remark I had was about Bronfman's appearance: he appeared thinner, not as impeccably groomed as he used to be for the live concerts I attended (most notable was his somewhat unkempt hair, which was a lot whiter than I expected), and didn't push himself up as much.  Overall, he looked a lot healthier.

The quartet only played two of Schumann's four movements: Assai agitato and Adagio molto.  Brahms's quintet also has four movements: (I) Allegro non troppo; (II) Andante, un poco adagio; (III) Scherzo: Allegro; and (IV) Finale: Poco sostenuto - Allegro non troppo - Presto, non troppo.

For the Brahms piece, I was following along with the score.






No comments: