Sunday, October 26, 2014

Friends of Mozart – Mozart Keyboard Concertos. October 22, 2014.

Christ and St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, New York.  Sanctuary. Free (donation).

Program
Concerto in C major, I. 415 (387b), for piano and strings (Vienna, 1782-83) by W. A. Mozart (1756-1791).
Prelude and Fugue in C minor, K. 426, for strings (Vienna, 1783).
Concerto in A major, K. 414 (385p), for piano and strings (Vienna, 1782-83).

Artists
Yi-heng Yang, fortepiano.  Theresa Salomon, violin; Amelia Roosevelt, violin; Jessica Troy, viola; Lindy Clarke, cello; Max Zeugner, double bass.


Went by myself on a rainy day – Anne had a class to teach.

During the intermission, one of the Board members asked us to contribute as "pianos don't grow on trees."  I think it is entirely appropriate even though the concert is billed as "free."  I, for one, would love to have a chance to show my appreciation of the artists and the organization, but not to the extent that I want to become a member.  A small donation works for me.

No comments: